Tuesday, January 10, 2006


What's missing?

Training wheels, that's what! OK, it's no great shakes that a 6-year-old has ditched the training wheels -- but considering that 10 days ago Niko was adament that he wouldn't and couldn't, I'm impressed. And proud, proud mostly that he made the effort. It took three short sessions is all. First day, there was little evidence of progress. I held onto the back of his seat the whole time and he kept listing to his left and then taking his left hand off the bars. Second day, I was able to let go for brief moments. Third day, he was flying solo. There was one crash, but once I began telling the tale of my big crash in the weeks before he was born, the crying stopped and he was ready to get back on and ride some more.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Niko. Tell him we're so proud of him for his bravery and persistence!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Niko!!!! Good job.

P.S. your lawn makes me feel better about mine. :)